Wednesday, September 01, 2010

MAJOR JACKSON SUPPORTER SWITCHES TO BAKER!!!

COUNTY COUNCIL MEMBER DUMPS JACKSON!

Rushern Baker, candidate for Prince George’s County Executive today welcomed the endorsement of County Councilmember Will Campos (click here) calling the decision to switch his support courageous.  Baker says, “I look forward to working with Will on issues of fundamental fairness on the County Council. His support and energy are welcome as we make this County Great for all of its residents.” 

Concerned by recent allegations of misconduct in the Sheriff's Department, Prince George’s County Councilman Will Campos today withdrew his support for Michael Jackson's County Executive bid. Campos said, "I have had a good working relationship with Sheriff Jackson over the years, but with each new revelation it became harder and harder to justify to myself and my constituency why I was supporting his candidacy.  Also, I am concerned about some of the people he has aligned himself with politically, some of whom do not have the best interest of Prince George’s County at heart".  Campos added, "We need to move this county forward, therefore I am asking my supporters, and all the voters of Prince George’s County, to vote for Rushern Baker for County Executive ".

No comments: